Job title: Signature Gatherer
Period of Employment: October 22, 2017 – March 30, 2018
Salary: $13 hour/40 hours per week
Prevent Cruelty California (PCC) is working to get a proposition on the November 2018 ballot that would upgrade California’s laws relating to the extreme confinement of farm animals. To qualify for the ballot, PCC is aiming to collect more than 500,000 signatures from registered California voters. Signature Gatherers will collect and transport signatures to PCC’s regional offices. Signature Gatherers will be supervised by Chris Hendrickson of The Humane League.
- Gather signatures at optimal locations around designated area.
- Provide additional campaign support at the direction of the campaign staff, including the Campaign Director, Field Directors and Field Coordinators.
- Thorough knowledge of PCC’s ballot measure campaign
- Physical capacity to stand and collect signatures for hours each work day.
- Friendly, outgoing personality that welcomes talking with strangers
- Proven oral communication and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to travel (must have a car)
- Willingness to work weekends (but no more than 40 hours per week)
- Professional appearance
- Commitment to the objectives of the ballot measure campaign
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter to Chris Hendrickson at [email protected].